Friday, July 6, 2012

Lampshades for Wine Glasses

Time to get caught up with a few new posts... and projects.  The first lampshade I embossed with Cuttlebug border folders then sanded.  Luv the CTMH card stock with the white core!!


The lampshade below is made from Vellum that I sponged on the back to form the mountains then put Liquid Applique on the front for the snow.
 For me, candles are used most often in the winter when it is dark and dreary... so what better way to shed a little light than a candle covered with snowflakes.  The larger snowflakes are punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  The scallops around the bottom were made using the CTMH corner punch (if you don't have this, get it.... can be used as a corner punch or to create a great scallop border).
Below is an example of a lamp shade that hasn't yet been glued together.  The punched out shapes make really cool designs on the walls.
In case you are wondering, I purchased battery operated tea lights to put in the candles.  I ended up ordering them from Amazon... I went looking for them locally but it appears that they are a seasonable item (at least in the stores I went in).

No comments:

Post a Comment