Monday, August 27, 2012

Cards Made with August SOTM - Baroque Borders

Baroque Borders is one of those stamp sets that I initially look at and wonder how I would use it.... I have been wanting to try using old book pages so this seemed to be the perfect opportunity.  I feel the need to add a caution here - CAREFULLY read any pages you decide to use.  I made the silly assumption that the first 20 pages of a 400-500 page book would be harmless - boy was I wrong!!!  Several pages were discarded before coming up with 'safe' pages.  Below are the cards I made...




The ladies then took my designs to make these....




Now that I have worked with book pages, I would suggest sticking to paper like the CTMH paper used below - it looks like writing but you cannot read the 'words' so you don't have to worry about offensive text.  Plus, the paper used in old paperbacks is NOT good paper - very thin, rips easily.



1 comment:

  1. Boy you were wrong!! ;-) But it made for some very fun giggles & interesting conversations!

    ReplyDelete