Saturday, October 25, 2014

Artfully Sent - Halloween

I wanted to try some more Artfully Sent cards and with Halloween coming up... what better place to start than with a haunted house.  The Artfully Sent book recommends using a 7"setting so that's what I did.  My first card was a 5 x 7 (see card on the left).  I was thought it was really cool but I wanted to see if I could make a standard A2 card.  I figured if I used 7" for a 5 x 7 card then it made sense that 5 1/2"would make a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (A2) card.  It really was that simple.  If the card on the left looks different than the card on the right, it's because the card for the card on the right I cut a 2nd card (black), cut the house from the card then cut a piece of yellow the size of the house and made a cardstock sandwich.  I like the look of the card on the right much better (plus you can write on the inside of the card).  I will be doing the same to the 5 x 7 card.




Sue got more creative with the Artfully Sent cartridge and created a mural for her cubicle wall at work.   Didn't she do a great job!!!


Below is close up of the haunted house.  It just goes to show that even though Artfully Sent is a card cartridge, it can be used for soooo much more.


Here Sue used what was supposed to be a card as a sign.  It just goes to show the only limit is our own imagination.


Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment