Sunday, April 10, 2016

Inking Embossing Folders

We all know how much texture embossing folders can add to our projects but inking the folders before running the paper and folder thru your cuttlebug gives you a whole new look.  I had made several hot air balloons with my cricut and I had a cloud folder - once I inked the folder, I loved the results.


Next, I had this really cool paw print folder.  Again, I wasn't sure how I was going to use it but once it was inked, the paw prints just 'popped'.  I added the dog silhouette that I had cut with my cricut, added some red and white chevron washi tape.  I think this card is sooo cute!


With the holidays coming, I needed to start thinking about Christmas card ideas.  I thought this snowman was so cute and I liked the blue background.....


but.... when I used a darker blue ink, I thought the image looked even better.  The dark blue makes it look like a night sky.  The card probably needs a little saying (similar to the above card).


Then I started looking at other Christmas folders.  I've had the folder below for years and never found a good way to use it - there is so much detail.  By inking the card in red, the words and images are so easy to see.  I had to add a bow tie to the snowman.


No comments:

Post a Comment