Sunday, April 10, 2016

Scraps and embossing folders

I have a bad habit of keeping way too many scraps.  I hate to throw away good paper, regardless of size.  This means every once in awhile I need to come up with projects to use up some of my scraps.  Our April gathering was the perfect opportunity.  I put together some cards, some partially put together cards and some kits that were just pieces.

Okay, if I'm being honest, my original plan was to make cards centered around quotes that I have on various stamp sets that I never end up using.  Below is my first card....


My next card, I used some scraps to build the background that went behind the quote.


Then I had fun with the background paper...  Add some rick rack and a flower and it wasn't about the quote any more.


And if you make cards with squares then it only makes sense that you have to make a card with circles.  I actually like the way this one came out.


Below are the cards that the ladies came up with....  I am always surprised at how many different ideas they come up with.











Didn't they do a great job?!?!?!




No comments:

Post a Comment